I believe in your creative power. I believe it can help you tune into who you truly are... Who you're meant to be. And I believe this will change the world.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude in art

Me after our Studio Clean-Up Day at the Old Stone House
I'm just getting ready to hit the road for Thanksgiving. It's been a contemplative morning. I've been reflecting on what role do I want art to play in my life. How do I want it to impact my life, and my career. What do I want to do? I wrote in my journal that I feel like I'm in a forest and I don't see any particular beaten path to travel at the moment. Only trees, and your guess is as good as mine as to which way to walk.

Recently, at a meditation retreat, I heard the teacher share how it is our egos that want to know exactly what we are doing and where we are going in life. And that when we don't know, we tend to fall into fear and discontent... as opposed to choosing to live in wonder and excitement with a sense of curiosity about what's around the bend.

So in my reflections this morning, I did just that - I switched gears to wonder and gratitude for my art journey thus far. I'm so thankful for my design career, my art classes, my creative friends who let me go on and on about the latest art supplies I'm in to. Just feeling so much gratitude for all of that. And from that space, I was able to come back to this moment. I might not know where I'm heading just yet, but I know what feels right right now. I made a little bullet point list, and one of the items was the silly fact that I love wearing art smocks. :)

So with gratitude for art smocks, art itself, and all of you... I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!